Saturday, December 15, 2012

Journalism Cover Letter - 3

Richard Anderson,
1234, West 67 Street,
Carlisle, MA 01741,
(123)-456 7890.

Date: 1th Jan, 2009.

Mr. John Smith,
Human Resources Manager
The Bergen Gazette
257, Park Avenue South,
New York, NY 12345-6789.

Dear Mr. Smith:

Ms. Sally Rogers, a freelance writer with your publication, suggested that I write to you concerning my qualifications for a cooperative education at Baystate Magazine. Ms. Rogers' description of the philosophy and mission of your company, especially in regards to environmental issues, has made me very enthusiastic about the possibility of working for Baystate Magazine.

I will graduate from Northeastern University's 5-year Cooperative Education program with a Bachelor of Science Degree in journalism with a concentration in print in June 1999. The Co-op program is based on an alternating work/study program so that professional experience becomes an integral part of the educational process.

Enclosed is my resume which highlights my prior co-op work experiences, primarily in print media environments. At my last co-op job with The Patriot Ledger, I wrote stories and obituaries, answered phones and compiled community columns. I feel this experience would be an asset to your publication.

I will be available from January 5, 1998 through March 21, 1998. I look forward to discussing possible employment opportunities with you and will call you next week. If you should have any questions, please call me at (617) 442-1111. Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Richard Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment